We are so happy you have landed on our online corner. Here, we have compiled a collection of teaching resources for the Orthodox Sunday School classroom and home, targeting the younger age groups (Preschool and early Elementary). Our content is not meant to replace the official Orthodox Church curricula, but rather to complement them, by offering extra enriching activities for the children, as well as helpful backround resources for the adults. We’d be delighted if you found something you would like to use.
The material is grouped in two ways (by theme and by season), to make it easier to navigate depending on your needs. You can also use the Search feature on the bottom of this page to look for a specific topic.
Kindly bear with us as we are gradually building up our collection – some of our links may not be active yet. If you would like to be informed every time we create a new resource page or animation, you can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or YouTube. Another option would be to sign up to receive an email notification. You can do this at the bottom of this page.
We do not claim to be experts in Orthodoxy or in education, rather the exact opposite – we are continuously learning and growing in Christ as we realize the vastness of the journey. This website is only a reflection of our own personal experience teaching and coordinating our local parish Sunday School. Therefore, your opinion, thoughts, and suggestions are always welcome, so please don’t hesitate to contact us, either using the contact form or sending an email to orthodoxpebbles @ gmail.com.
We wish for your journey to be a happy and fruitful one, and we hope to see you again soon.
To get an idea of the kind of work we do, please check out our Nativity animation below, as well as our downloadable activity packet on the Raising of Lazarus, which includes 26 pages of:
– Background for the teachers
– Printable storytelling resources
– Icon activities and worksheets
– Step-by-step craft, game and snack ideas
ACTIVITY PACKET – THE RAISING OF LAZARUS
- We gratefully acknowledge the advice, guidance and help from our parish priests, Archimandrite Fr. George Nikas, Fr. George Kouzelis, Fr. Athanasios Kyritsis, and our spiritual father Fr. Pavlos Pavlidis.
- Special thanks to Fr. Dr. Tony Vrame, Director of the Department of Religious Education, Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, for his invaluable help and support in this project.
- Sincere thanks to the iconographers for use of their icons:
– Athanasios Clark, whose icons we are using either with permission from the artist or courtesy of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Department of Religious Education.
– Michael Alevizakis and Dmitry Shkolnik, who have graciously offered us photos of their wall paintings.