YOUR SUPPORT IS APPRECIATED!
Working on Orthodox Pebbles has been an amazing blessing for us. Our mission is to keep creating high-quality, FREE, online Orthodox Christian educational resources for young children – an endeavor that requires a significant time investment, and expenses for software, art supplies and web hosting. If you are finding our content useful, please consider supporting us; we are sincerely grateful for your contribution.
To SUPPORT our project, you have three choices:
We are so happy you have landed on our online corner. Here, we are compiling a FREE collection of teaching resources for the Orthodox Sunday School classroom and home, targeting the younger age groups (Preschool and early Elementary). Our content is not meant to replace the official Orthodox Church curricula, but rather to complement them, by offering extra enriching activities for the children, as well as helpful backround resources for the adults. We’d be delighted if you found something you would like to use.
Kindly bear with us as we are gradually building up our collection – some of our links may not be active yet. Our material is grouped in two ways (by theme and by season), to make it easier to navigate depending on your needs. You can also use the Search feature on the bottom of this page to look for a specific topic.
We do not claim to be experts in Orthodoxy or in education, rather the exact opposite – we are continuously learning and growing in Christ as we realize the vastness of the journey. This website is a reflection of our own personal experience teaching and coordinating our local parish Sunday School, combined with our background in design, illustration and Orthodox iconography.
Your opinion, thoughts, and suggestions are always welcome, so please don’t hesitate to contact us, either using the contact form or sending an email to orthodoxpebbles @ gmail.com.
We wish for your journey to be a happy and fruitful one, and we hope to see you again soon.
- We gratefully acknowledge the advice, guidance and help from our parish priests, Archimandrite Fr. George Nikas, Fr. George Kouzelis, Fr. Athanasios Kyritsis, and our spiritual father Fr. Pavlos Pavlidis.
- Special thanks to Fr. Dr. Tony Vrame, Director of the Department of Religious Education, Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, for his invaluable help and support.
- Sincere thanks to the iconographers for use of their icons:
– Athanasios Clark, whose icons we are using either with permission from the artist or courtesy of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Department of Religious Education.
– Michael Alevizakis, Julia Hayes, and Dmitry Shkolnik, who have graciously offered us photos of their icons or wall paintings.
- Finally, we are especially thankful for the patience and support of our families, who have been enduring messy homes, unprepared meals, and tired, sleepless wives/moms, while we are working on this project.