We have collected a variety of resources to help plan effective lessons on Holy Week. Please see below.
PLANNING THE LESSON
One way to plan a Holy Week lesson using our resources would be:
- Use the slidewshow found in the digital activities to present each day of Holy Week.
- Have the children make the planner found in the printable packet, while discussing each day’s theme.
- If time allows, work on one or more of the fact sheet – worksheet combinations from the printable packet, to reinforce learning about specific days.
- Use the cards from the printable packet to play a game, reinforcing memorization of the day-theme combinations.
- Finish with one or more crafts while, again, discussing the relevant theme(s).
Planner, fact sheets, worksheets, and flashcards.
Holy Week slideshow and games for online learning.
A collection of creative projects for every day of the Holy Week.
Holy Week info
Background information to help teach about Holy Week.
Pascha lesson plan
A lesson plan to teach about Pascha – includes animation video.
Pascha fabric set
A hands-on teaching resource made out of soft fleece.
External links to a variety of useful Holy Week resources.