Lapbooks are very helpful teaching tools for young children and, here at Orthodox Pebbles, the thought of designing one has been around for a long time. So please find below… our first lapbook, to explore the Sundays of Great Lent!
Our Great Lent lapbook is separated into sections, one section for each Sunday of Great Lent. The student can work on the lapbook gradually, aiming to have it completed by Palm Sunday evening.
YOU WILL NEED:
- A file folder
- A piece of card stock about 9″ x 12″
- A hole puncher
- A stapler
- Paper fasteners (preferably mini brads)
Our teaching resources – found on each Lapbook Week page (see links below)
- Printable lapbook templates for each week
- Teaching material for each week
Click on the images to access the lapbook resources for each Great Lent week.
Helpful external resources
- A helpful overview of what a lapbook is and how it can be used can be found at the video Lapbooks 101, from the teaching YouTube channel “Undercover classroom”.
- Another helpful lapbook resource is the blog “Homeschool Share“.